2015 promises to be an exciting year for all the movie fanatics. Bollywood and Hollywood both have some intriguing movies lined up Let’s take a look at some movies that you ought to watch in the New Year.
- Margarita, with a Straw – This movie will see Kalki Koechlin playing the role of a girl named Laila. Laila has cerebral palsy. The protagonist also explores her sexuality in the movie, in the process hampering her relationship with her family and friends. The film had a successful world premiere on September 8th 2014 at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Dil Dhadakne Do – One of the most anticipated movies of 2015 will be Zoya Akhtar’s Dil Dhadakne Do. The movie features an ensemble cast led by Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh , Shefali Shah , Anil Kapoor , Priyanka Chopra ,Farhan Akhtar. The film chronicles the story of a dysfunctional family aboard a cruise ship. It’s been shot in exotic locations like Tunisia, Turkey, Spain and Italy. The movie is scheduled for release on 5th June, 2015.
- Fifty Shades of Grey – Based on the bestselling novel with the same name, movie buffs around the world will look forward to this one movie. Amidst high speculation and numerous questions like, Will the movie be as X-rated as the novel? Will Dakota and Jamie bring the heat? The movie will release worldwide on 13th February 2015. Yes Friday the 13th.
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water- 2015 will also see Mr.Squarepants return to the big screen. The movie is a long awaited sequel to the 2004 film SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. It will be interesting to see Mr.Krabs, Squidward and the good ole Patrick do what they do best – crack us up.
- Bombay Velvet- His last film Besharam, didn’t leave us spell bound . But 2015 will see Ranbir Kapoor alongside Anushka Sharma in this stylish neo-noir drama. Directed by the brilliant director Anurag Kashyap, the movie chronicles the life of a boxer and an aspiring Jazz singer. The music will be produced by Amit Trivedi. We can certainly look forward to some good eclectic music from him. Lock May 15th, 2015 on your calendar.
That completes one of the many lists of movies you ought to watch in 2015. Let us know if we missed out on some stellar movies.