While many were doubting the team management’s decision about having Shikhar Dhawan in the World Cup squad, with his impeccable performance in this tournament, Dhawan has proved all his critics wrong, and how!
He is the only Indian batsman to have made it to the top ten scorers of this World Cup till now, leaving behind Vice Captain Virat Kohli by miles. With his stunning 337 runs off s matches, everyone’s hopes from Dhawan are rather high in today’s tricky encounter with Bangladesh.
Here are six facts you did not know about Shikhar Dhawan:
- In 2012, Dhawan married Melbourne-based Ayesha Mukherji, a half-Bengali, half-British amateur boxer.
- Shikhar Dhawan and his wife Ayesha, both love tattoos. She has got one down her back and he has on his left arm.
- Dhawan who has come to be one of the top scorers for India this tournament, was a wicket-keeper when he first joined the cricket Club. Later he quit keeping and focused on his batting.
- Following severe criticism and rejection, Dhawan was about to leave the game of cricket at a certain point when his juniors would continually be given preference over him.
- Apart from being a focused cricketer, Dhawan is also a fashion freak. He loves training in the gym and believes that going to the gym increases is concentration, agility and makes one feel good about oneself.
- Despite his massive reputation in IPL and domestic cricket, Dhawan scored a duck on ODI debut!
Here’s hoping that Dhawan creates the same magic with his bat today that has earned him the respect of cricket-lovers throughout the world in this tournament!
Image Source: The Viewspaper