It’s only when you grow up and step back from him, or leave him for your own career and your own home that you realize how much love you are missing out on. So take this Father’s Day as an excuse to spare a day from your hectic schedule and spend it with your daddy. We often forget to express our love and gratitude towards our parents, so here’s a chance to make your dad feel special.
What can be better than sitting in front of your television with a bowl of popcorn and feasting on some good memories with your daddy? Here’s a list of movies that you ought to watch with your dad, this Father’s Day:
- The Pursuit of Happyness- The story of homelessness of a father and a son that brought tears to many people’s eyes, The Pursuit of Happyness is a must watch. The scene where the father-son duo is living on the street and is compelled to spend the night in a restroom is my personal favorite. Filled with emotions and the lovable bond between father and son, this is an amazing movie to watch with your father on this special day.
- Finding Nemo- Finding Nemo is one of the best movies that you will definitely enjoy watching with your daddy dearest, today. The scene where the clownfish, along with his whole gang, goes all the way to Sydney Harbour to find his abducted son, Nemo is heart-warming. A flick that dwells on the strength of the father’s love, this movie makes you realize that no matter what, your father will always come to your rescue.
- Father of the bride- This movie is one hell of a comedy. We all know how possessive a father can get when it comes to loving his daughter, and this movie shows just that. An insight into the mixed emotions a father goes through when his little princess gets married, this happy little movie will leave you laughing and crying, all at once.
- Road of perdition- Every boy wants to grow up to be like his dad. But what happens when the dad is not a good guy? This movie has the father involved in crimes, one in which he tries his best to keep his son away from the swamp of crimes, but fails miserably. Your father is a human after all, and you ought to take the Road of Perdition to know this!
- Piku- This is a film based on a father-daughter duo who disagrees on most of the things in life. But one thing they have in common is that at the end of the day, they know they are there to support each other. Deepika who plays the role of Piku, is a caring daughter who brings to us the belief that, parents are forever. If you’re planning to watch a film, then Piku is a perfect pick for you and your father.
- Udaan- This film won numerous awards for its simplicity and the message it gave to the audience. The film revolves around a strict father and a son who leaves his home to follow his dreams. This shows us how important it becomes for a person to listen to his heart, and keep on following one’s goals. Udaan will touch your heart, and its’ songs will surely motivate you.
Image Source: The Viewspaper