Everyone likes some wrecking ball and bad blood- perhaps even in movies. While it may seem that your beloved Hollywood stars have been up to nothing- in all probability just relaxing in the Bahamas; that’s not always the case. Many may, nonetheless, be seen acting in movies; in animation movies too. While watching them you may possibly not even gather that one of your most favorite characters were dubbed by a superstar you despise, or vice-versa.
For that reason, here I bring to you some of those vocalists that you love (or hate), and how- devoid of you even knowing, have become some of your much loved cartoon characters.
1. Miley Cyrus as Penny in Bolt– A delightful, pet loving and pretty wise-for-her-age girl; Penny, just like Miley Cyrus, is a unique personality- made for the stage. In the movie she has a unique bond with her dog Bolt, and animals in general. Miley- being a Tennessee girl and animal lover herself, was perfect for the role. She absorbed the role of Penny so seamlessly that it was extremely challenging for individuals who hadn’t seen the credits to conclude that she in fact was, Miley Cyrus.
2. Nicki Minaj as Steffie in Ice Age 4– Steffie is in all probability your beloved mammoth- a bubbly and typical teenager. In contrast, many may consider Nicki Minaj as an individualistic and stand-out woman. Steffie and Nicki are two downright diverse entities; however, Steffie is impeccably depicted-showing the bulk of talent in Nicki Minaj. It also explains that she can do so much more than just sing.
3. Bruno Mars as Roberto in Rio 2– Do you happen to recall a certain blue Spix’s Macaw in Rio 2? Yes, the same one which sparked little threads of jealousy amid the sweethearts- Blu and Jewel. Well “coincidentally”, Roberto is dubbed by our all-time favorite pop star- Bruno Mars. Just like him, Roberto is all about “the swag and the moves”, impressing the ladies (here Jewel) on the way. It almost feels like a match made in heaven.
4. Ashley Tisdale as Lead Blueberry Scout’s in A Bug’s life– The Lead Blueberry Scouts are a group of young ants, a requisite in the bug kingdom, who served as supporting staff for Flik’s fake bird, played their role to overcome chaos, and if needed- lightened up the mood by say, doing a happy dance. Ashley Tisdale- as full of life and innocent as she, which we can see from her acting in Suite Life of Zack and Cody, is spot on for the role.
5. Willow Smith as Gloria in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa– Gloria is one mature lady hippopotamus; however, she sure knows how to have some fun. With a giraffe boyfriend- you can’t expect anyone to get more inventive; DreamWorks, I salute you! Willow Smith- a playful girl herself and barely 8 years then, has pooled the essence of maturity, along with that spirited attitude to represent this humorous atmosphere of Gloria flawlessly.
6. Justin Timberlake as Arthur Pendragon in Shrek the Third– In a gooey and icky(literally) but remarkable movie such as Shrek, adding this dose of humor and sarcasm by means of Arthur Pendragon can be pretty delightful. Justin Timberlake, who dubbed him- brilliantly might I add, is somewhat the same. Making someone laugh at a funeral (metaphorically) requires some amount of talent and he has it.
7. Katy Perry as Smurfette in The Smurfs– Smurfette- one of the key characters in The Smurfs has an almost childlike presence in the movie. She is constantly given guidance and life lessons, along with being dealt with some amount of meticulousness. Although Katy Perry is a completely independent, iconic and settled woman, her demonstration of Smurfette has left each person drooling.
8. Ziggy Marley as Ernie in Shark Tale– Ernie, Bernie’s chum and of course, jellyfish- was the antagonist of the film along with Skyes, the Puffer Fish. He was a pretty naïve and gullible jellyfish at that; he easily believed Skyes aka, the bad guy’s agenda. It was only later, that some sense was shoved into him, that he came to be a pleasanter individual. Ziggy Marley- an influential songwriter and the son of Bob Marley, was triumphant at illustrating just who Ernie was through his dubbed voice.
Well, these singers sure have a ring to their voices, right?
Image Source: The Viewspaper