The all-new BMW i8 is going to hit the Indian market by the end of this year or early next year. The sports car is innovated on the lines of environmental sustainability and is much awaited by sports car enthusiasts in India.
So, before its launch, here are ten features that make this car the next big thing:
- The rear window of the car is fitted with Gorilla glass just like those used in smartphones, making BMWi8 the first car to use a chemically strengthened glass. It is stronger, lighter and thinner than ordinary glass. This will help dampen the noise from outside and reduce the weight of the car.
- BMW i8 offers laser headlights that are brighter than Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs). But on the negative side, lasers draw more power.
- Sports cars or hybrid cars are usually heavy but the BMW i8 has been kept light. With a respectable weight of 1,490 kilogram, it is perhaps even lighter sports cars like the Aston Martin V12 Vantage.
- The manufacturing process that has been adopted is based on a unique recycling concept. Renewable energy is used to produce most of the aluminum in the BMW i8. Instead of harsh chemicals, olive extract is applied to tan the leather covered seats and instruments. This sports car comes with 360 degree electrical chargeable batteries.
- With a high-voltage battery, low fuel consumption, and plug-in hybrid drive system, the BMW i8 is the world’s most progressive sports car model.
- Rain sensors, automatic wipers, an automatic braking system and cameras for easy parking makes the car fully automated. In case of a crash, it can also call for emergency services.
- While running on a gasoline engine the car can go up to 249 kilometers per hour for 155 miles. While running on battery, the care can be driven for 22 miles at the speed of up to 75 kilometers per hour.
- The interiors of the BMW i8 are designed like a high-tech cockpit. It has an advance 2+2 seater that comes with a plug-in hybrid drive system. It features an aluminum frame and passenger cells made from carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP).
- While other sports cars may deliver similar performance, the BMW i8 with its starting price of $135,925 is quite value for money.
- With elegant curves, a well-crafted body and upward opening doors, it is hard not to be blown away by the stunning style of the BMW i8.
The BMW i8 may not be the ultimate driving machine but it definitely is a revolutionary car that is set to change the look of sports cars in the 21st century.
Follow the link to watch the official launch video of the BMW i8:
Valentina Telien Kom
Image Source [http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6669109861_049685ab8a_o.jpg]