Daniel Radcliffe, an English actor who rose to fame as the title character in Harry Potter is turning 26 today. The journey of Harry Potter has made him one of the richest young actors of his time. Daniel started his carrier as a 10-year-old, when he debuted in BBC’s documentary David Copperfield. J.K Rowling’s Harry Potter series were the building steps of international stardom for Daniel. As the series moved ahead, Daniel discovered his love for acting and theater. Most of his teenage days were spent shooting for Harry Potter. The any-other-kid-on-the-block, with an adorable smile slowly grew up to become the nation’s heart throb. He thrived on the child stardom he got with Harry potter series. After playing Potter for almost a decade, he showed his versatility through movies like Horns, The Woman in Black, Trailing Tonks etc. Undoubtedly, he is one of the most talented Broadway actors.
On this special day, we bring to you some of the fun facts you didn’t know about your favorite wizard:
- Daniel was taking his bath when he got the news that he has grabbed the role of the famous Harry Potter. Little did he know that this was just the beginning of his stardom.
- He suffers from a condition known as dyspraxia, which perturbs the hand-eye coordination.
- It’s pretty shocking that during his 10 years of shooting for Harry Potter he just took two days off and that too only because he was suffering from gastric flu. Some dedication that is!
- He was obsessed with those round glasses which Potter wears. They were his favorite prop and he’s even rumored to have taken one pair from the first film and one from the last.
- Apart from the royalty, he’s the youngest person to have his picture hanging in the National Portrait Gallery.
- He gave his voice to a character in “The Simpsons” in 2010.
- He is a published poet. He kept anonymity by using pen name “Jacob Gershon”.
He once said “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live”.
He has certainly stood by his words. The criticism he got for his height didn’t fade his dedication at all. Earlier it used to bother him but the he thought “F**k that, I am Harry Potter”.
Mr. Potter, here’s wishing you a very happy birthday!
Image Source: The Viewspaper