The Border-Gavaskar Test series between India and Australia is played with utmost competition. It brings out a taste of professional Cricket in both the teams! The first tournament was played in 1996! The Current Indian team is all set to hit the Aussies hard after a series victory over the West Indians back home! Here are some of the stats of the previous years!
- 1996-97: The first series of the Border-Gavaskar Cup was played in India! Grabbing the home advantage, Indians won it 1-0 despite! Nayan Mongia, the wicket-keeper batsmen of India was awarded the Man of the Series!
- 1997-98: The second round of the tournament too was played in India, and the Indians galloped to a 2-1 series victory! Sachin Tendulkar was adjudged the Man of the Match for his unstinted run marathon against his favourite bowling side!
- 1999-00: The Aussies hosted this series and avenged the two-time loss at the hands of the visitors! The then World Number 1 won the series 3-0! Sachin Tendulkar nonetheless was still the rockstar! Despite a series defeat, his performance was top notch! As a result of which, he was the Man of the Series yet again!
- 2000-01: The Cup comes back home again! This was the time when Harbhajan got the title of being the ‘turbonator’! He broke Tendulkar’s Man of the Series record and thus helped the Country bring the Cup back!
- 2003-04: The Series shifted to Australia again! However, this time result was drawn, but the Cup was retained by India! Rahul Dravid was the Man of the match!
- 2004-05: The series is played back home, however this time the Country is unable to take the home advantage! Damien Martin was especially responsible for this loss! Australia thus took home the 4 matches series by 2-1!
- 2007-08: Brett Lee thumping success with the ball pretty much left the Indian batsmen clueless! The Aussies clinged on to a 2-1 series victory again!
- 2008-09: Battered and bruised after two back to back series loses, the Country came out strong and with a vengeance in this series! They won the series hands down. Ishant Sharma displayed his bowling exploits and after winning the Man of the Series, he cemented his place in the team! India won 2-0
- 2010-11: Sachin Tendulkar comes back with a bang and cruised the country to a 2-0 series victory! Home advantage was taken and thus the Cup retained!