Lemon soap is made from lemon essence, extracts or artificial chemicals. Lemon soap is one of the most preferred choices by consumers all throughout the world. Lemon is known for its medicinal and fragrant values and has been used down the ages. Lemon soap is the closest substitute for actual lemon extracts. It gives a very mild and soothing aroma and tangles your senses. Lemon soap or lemon aroma is considered to have a soothing and relaxing effect and it works as a great stress buster. Lemon soap also has medicinal values and is a very effective de-odorant; it cuts down grime and dirt and leaves your skin supple and smooth. Even in morning sickness and hangovers lemon soap proves to be a de-nauseating substance, and mere sniffing of the soap can have miraculous effects.
Lemon soap can be very easily made at home too. Some basic steps can be taken to make your own home lemon soap.
1. Pour soap base into a cast, it can be any base from glycerin to milk.
2. Heat the base at 50% power for two minutes leave it for sometime, and heat the mixture at 20 second interval for about 7-8 times.
3. Add the lemon fragrance oil to the soap, stir well and then add the yellow soap dye and stir again until the dye thoroughly incorporated. Add more soap dye for a darker yellow soap.
4. Stir the dried lemon peel into the soap mixture and then pour the lemon soap into the mold.
5. Place the mold in the freezer for 25 minutes. Remove the mold from the freezer and allow it to sit for several minutes to warm up. Turn the mold upside down and gently press on the bottom of each section to release the lemon soap from the mold.