Love for motor sports and speed drove the young enthusiasts from Manipal institute of technology (MIT) resulting in the invention of a solar Formula Car FMX4 which was presented on Fourth of July.
The team consists of twenty seven engineering students from various departments who worked hard for two years have come up with a stylish solar car. The team has come a long way since they created the first Solarmobil.
Here are few things you need to know about FMX4:
- • The car runs at a speed of eighty five kilometers per hour and is completely environment friendly.
- • Last year FMX3 set tracks ablaze at Hockenheimring, Germany and Czech Ring, Czech Republic.
- • This year’s FMX4 has been improvised through weight reduction and inclusion of light weight composite materials.
- • These students have included electro pneumatic clutch system to this improvised version.
- • The car uses a rare wheel hub.
- • There are ten events globally held by Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International. The team has earlier competed in Australia and Italy .This year they will participate in Formula Student Germany, which will be held from twenty ninth of July to August third.
- • Later this year, they will also participate in Formula Czech republic from August seventh to tenth.
- • Working of an engine, one of the most complex parts requires simulation software which costs around twenty five lakhs Indian Rupees.
With their achievements, these young Manipal boys are sure to make India proud. We wish them good luck!
With much lesser resources and time (it took 15 months )
they managed to pull it off.
The team has made an endeavour to promote motorsport as it is yet to catch in India.
The students have made there college proud said HS Ballal,pro chancellor of MIT.
Image Source [Google]