First launched in 1998, Honda City in India has dominated the Indian car market for the longest time now. While the need of the hour at that time was for a cheap, fuel efficient car with a high mileage, Honda City managed to lure customers with even its high price. Since then, the model has evolved as per the demand and customer reception of its competitors.
Maruti Suzuki has been a credible contender to Honda along with Hyundai; and while Maruti might have emerged as the favourite when it comes to hatchback cars, Honda happens to rule over the market with its various models of sedan.
However, now expected to pose a challenge to Honda City, Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch it the Ciaz. The idea behind Maruti Ciaz was first revealed in Auto Expo in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh in February 2014. Since then, anticipation for the car has been rising with many even going out to spy on the production of the car. Though the official launch date has not been revealed, it has been reported that the car will go on sale from September 3. Photos of the car have also recently been officially out. However, pictures of the car have already been teasing the customers for quite some time now after being leaked. From what the photos speak, Ciaz looks stylish and highly elegant. The car will be promoted through television commercials soon with the Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as the brand ambassador.
Here are some of the key features of the Ciaz which makes the car the next big thing which soon will dominate the highways:
- The price range of the Ciaz most likely will fall between seven to ten lakhs.
- It will have a multiple-functional steering wheel.
- The driver of the Ciaz will have the armrest option with height adjustable seat.
- The car has rear parking sensors.
- The car comes with automatic climate control features.
- Ciaz features Automatic Breaking system (ABS), rear AC vents and airbags.
- Ciaz will be launched in six variants; three diesel and three petrol.
- The car will have a 1.3 liter and 1.4 liter engines for diesel and petrol respectively.
- The mirrors of Ciaz can be electrically adjusted.
However, not being constrained to just these features, Ciaz could have much more exciting experience to offer its customers. Finally, the option, when it comes to sedan that is user (and pocket) friendly will not be limited to Honda City alone.
[Image Source: http://images.cardekho.com/car-images/carexteriorimages/large/Maruti/Maruti_Ciaz/maruti-ciaz-exterior-120.jpg]