In an event filled with lights, music, laughter and some tears, the gorgeous Miss World South Africa, Rolene Strauss was crowned Miss World 2014 at ExCel exhibition centre in London.
This is the third time that Miss South Africa has been crowned Miss World. After the victory, Strauss tweeted:
Words can’t possibly describe how blessed I feel at this moment… This is as much a responsibility as it is an… http://t.co/lCx0DEok5D
— Rolene Strauss (@MWSouthAfrica) December 15, 2014
Here are seven things you need to know about Miss World 2014, Rolene Strauss:
- Born on April 22, Strauss has been crowned Miss World at the age of 22.
- Since she was an eight-year-old, Strauss dreamed of winning the Miss South Africa crown.
- Strauss had previously participated in the 2011 Miss South Africa contest and managed to reach top five. However, that year, Melinda Bam became the title holder.
- Strauss has also been the winner of Elite Model Look International.
- Her father is a doctor and as a child she was referred to as “Little Dr. Strauss”. She was heard saying, “Many people change their visions of what they want to become as they grow older. Mine never changed: I’ve always known that I would study medicine, just like my father.” Strauss is currently enrolled at University of the Free State, Bloemfontein as a medical student.
- She is in the fourth year of medical college and currently has put her education on hold to compete for the Miss World pageant.
- She is strongly passionate about women’s health. After being crowned Miss South Africa, she said, “Miss South Africa is all about giving. One of the greatest gifts anyone can receive is the gift of a healthy life. With my passion for giving, people and health, I will be able to contribute to one of the most important things any country desires: health for all.”
Watch the Miss World 2014 contestant introduction video of Rolene Strauss below:
Image Source: [https://www.facebook.com/samaatvnews/photos/a.212568905432256.54269.203823349640145/847698648585942/?type=1&theater]