- Wake up early:Productive people know that time is money. You may have a lot on your plate for the day but waking up an hour before your usual time will help you ease into the tasks at hand. Did you know your body loses water when you are asleep? Hence, we are entirely dehydrated when we wake up. Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up. This will revitalize your body and increase your energy levels.
- Make a top five list: Highly successful people know the targets they need to achieve at the end of the day. What are the five most important tasks that you have to tackle today? Make sure you tackle the hardest opportunity first. This ensures that the least desirable task is out of your way. You now have the entire day to tackle the more enjoyable tasks at hand. This is what Mark Twain (popular American author and humorist) has to say, “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”
- Exercise: Your attitude has a direct bearing on your performance at work, college etc. Observe the people who have just finished an intense session of working out in the gym. They always seem happy and buoyant. Now look at the people who have just eaten a healthy meal against those who have skipped a meal, you will no doubt notice the difference. Healthy people are positive and active; tired, unfit people are cranky.
Your body release endorphins when you exercise. What do these endorphins do? They block the feeling of pain when you push yourself at the gym. Endorphins released also results in a feeling of euphoria. Hence regular exercise, healthy food and ample sleep should be your main objectives before anything else.
- Spend quality time with your near and dear ones: In an era where everything is hectic, it can become very easy to spend less and less time with the people most important in our lives. Morning is the best time to connect with your family. Make some breakfast together and talk about what’s going on in their lives. Most of us are tired and drained out at the end of the day. All you might want to do is space out in front of the T.V or just hit the bed. You will be amazed how positive and relaxed one feels when connecting with their loved ones early in the morning.
- Read the news: Checking Facebook and Twitter for your friend’s updates shouldn’t be the first thing you do in the morning. Consuming knowledge is what you should be doing. As a global citizen, it is important for each one of us to stay updated on the latest happenings throughout the world. There is so much happening every day. If you don’t keep yourself abreast with the latest developments, you might end up looking stupid the next time someone in the room is discussing Mr.Modi and his plans for developing India.
Image Source: [Google]