The Padma Shri recipient, Saif Ali Khan is now caught between fresh set of controversy. After examining Saif’s past, it is now abuzz that he may be stripped off the prestigious award. The actor has been attached with a lot of controversies along with some criminal charges against the author.
Padma Shri is one of the highest civilian awards in the country. Saif Ali Khan was honored of the Padma Shri title in the year 2010. However, with the list of charges against Saif, one really wonders if he is worthy of title.
Here’s a list of charges that the actor has faced:
- In 1995 the actor had allegedly bashed up an assistant editor of a film magazine, Star and Style after he had published an article about Saif’s the then wife, Amrita Singh. Apparently, the article had highlighted Singh’s extra-marital affair with one of the celebrated names of Bollywood.
- During the shoot of the film Hum Saath Saath Hai in Rajasthan, Saif with other star cast of the movie had apparently poached blackbucks which are protected endangered animals and hunting or poaching of the same is a punishable offense.
- Saif had apparently beaten up a businessman from South Africa and his father-in-law who was almost 70-year-old in 2012. The two were having dinner in the same restaurant as Saif, his wife Kareena Kapoor and few other close friends in the Taj Hotel in Mumbai. Following which he was arrested but released soon thereafter.
- Rumor has it that Saif had assaulted a gay activist and his mother inside their house in Santacruz.
- The National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE) had launched a complaint against Saif Ali Khan for promoting smoking openly in his poster for the movie Go Goa Gone.
Padma Shri being as esteemed an honor; is it really worth the prestige when actors, undoubtedly talented, nonetheless webbed between these charges and controversies get associated with the title?
Image Source [Google]