Rajesh Khanna, the king of romance has contributed a lot to the Hindi cinema. He was the powerhouse of Indian film industry. He had that aura and that energy which was not only positive but contagious too. It’s said that the word “Superstar” was coined just for him. Till now for many people, the word superstar means Rajesh Khanna only. Kaka’s death was a major shock to everyone and a big loss for the film industry. Rajesh Khanna has been an inspiration to many aspiring actors.
On his 3rd death anniversary, we bring to you some lesser known facts about our dearest Anand:
- Rajesh Khanna was raised by his foster parents, who were apparently related to his real parents.
- In his whole career, he has done around 20 ‘two-hero’ movies and has played the solo lead actor in the rest 100 plus movies.
- He had crazy female fan following. His cars used to have lipstick marks all over them. Rumors were of girls getting married to his photograph.
- He is the only actor who has given 15 hit movies in a row.
- Bombay University had a textbook prescribed which consisted of an essay named “Charisma of Rajesh Khanna”.
- During his struggling period, he used to drive his MG sports car to work.
- It was Rajesh Khanna who gave the popular duo Javed Akhtar and Salim Khan their first break in the movie Haathi Mere Saathi.
- Before marrying Dimple Kapadia, Rajesh Khanna bought a house named Dimple which he later renamed as Ashirwaad.
- He was a playback singer in 7 movies including Safar, Amar Prem and Sautan.
“Arrey oh Babu Moshai, zindagi aur maut upar wale k haanth hai jahanpana, jise naa aap badal sakte hai naa hum.Hum sab toh rangmanch ki kathputliyaan hai, jiski dor uparwale k haanth bandhi hai, kab kon kaise uthega, ye koi nai jaanta.”
Rajesh Khanna transpired as a tidal wave in the Hindi cinema. His films may have flopped once in a while but he was a successful personality in his own self. He was and will always be remembered as the superstar!