Robin Williams, one of the most loved actors and a brilliant comedian, passed away last night in his house at Marin County, California. He was a great star and an even better human being. Many have come out pouring their condolences for Williams’ family including President Barack Obama, Director Steven Spielgberg, and Actor Ben Stiller. All of them have only the nicest of things to say about Williams; he was a humble man who touched and moved the life of many.
It has been suspected that his death was a case of suicide and the doctors are yet to give their final word on what led to his death. Comedian Chevy Chase after the news of Williams’ death said, “Robin and I were great friends, suffering from the same little-known disease: depression. I never could have expected this ending to his life, and to ours with him.”
Robin Williams was a warm person with a big heart. According to Ben stiller, he was kind to every fan of his no matter in what his own life condition was. Even through his movies, he was able to touch the hearts of many.
Remembering Williams — here are some of his most extraordinary and insightful quotes:
- You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars.
- They (women) would never make a weapon that kills. They’d make a weapon that makes you feel bad for a while… That’s why there should be a woman president; there would never be any wars. You know this, it’s the truth. There would never be a war; just every twenty-eight days: some severe negotiations.
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
- Never fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.
- You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
- I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.
- Good people end up in hell because they can’t forgive themselves.
- Death is nature’s way of saying, “your table is ready.”
These sayings of Williams truly reveal what a profound life he must have led; wise, courageous, full of strength, and full of humour. If there be a heaven, surely he must have found a place there. Being able to touch the lives of near and far ones with humour and wisdom, there truly could be no greater meaning to his life.
Here is a small tribute video to the silver-screen life of Robin Williams highlighting some of his greatest moments in Hollywood:
We wish his soul rests in peace!
Image Source [Google]