The Bollywood stunner, Nargis Fakhri had a wardrobe break down on the ramp at the Indian Bridal Fashion Week. Fakhri was the show stopper for the jewellery brand Azva and was wearing a Nikhil Thampi gown that later underwent malfunction.
Fakhri was carrying the black coloured gown pretty gorgeously until it tore off, creating an embarrassing situation for her. The actress however, laughed it off and covered it up with the cape of her gown.
Fakhri who was born in New York, United States of America and has been a participant in the popular America’s Next Top Model, made her debut in Imtiaz Ali’s musical-romance, Rockstar in 2011.
Wardrobe malfunctions are quite common in fashion ramp shows, Red Carpet walks and celebrity parties bringing the celebrities in an instant spotlight with the paparazzi enjoying a feast for their cameras. While some of them are totally unintentional, some are too dubious to be spontaneous. After such incidents the celebrity or model is sure to become the talk of the town for a few days or even weeks. The one to benefit the most from such accidents are the fashion shows. These events get instantly popular after such fashion faux passes. It is no surprise that most times celebrities choose to be “victims” to these “malfunctions” as publicity stunts, but it is the events whose popularity doubles.
The question that haunts me however is whether these dresses fail to meet the basic requirements of safe wear. If dresses cannot be held up at the ramp walks, then how is it possible to carry the outfit anywhere else? However, the most peculiar thing about wardrobe malfunctions is that most of the time they tend to take place where they are least expected —the fashion shows, promotional events of designer wears. Further, dress rehearsals are carried out way ahead of the final event.
The best of designers and top models have become a part of some of the most intriguing gossips due to wardrobe malfunctions. Spontaneous or not-so-spontaneous incidents make celebrity events the most talked about in the media and elsewhere.
Creativity is to be brought out with every single piece on the ramp. But the designers need to ensure that dresses do not fall or tear off with every step.
Here are the five of the embarrassing yet popular wardrobe malfunctions in fashion industry:
- Katrina’s super-cute but super-short pink dress landed her up in trouble with a wardrobe malfunction during the promotion of movie Dhoom-3
- Recent Alia Bhatt’s wardrobe malfunction brought the young actress into lime light for not-so-good a reasons, as she walked down the Ambey Alley Indian Fashion Week.
- Kareena Kapoor’s much-talked wardrobe malfunction for which her husband Saif Ali Khan had apparently saved her at the 54th Filmfare Awards. The incident had made them the most talked about couple of the night.
- Bigg Boss Season seven winner, Gauhar Khan had a wardrobe malfunction in the 2006 Lakme Fashion Week.
- However, nothing beats the most talked-about Carol Gracias’s wardrobe malfunction which had become the buzz of the town for months. Although the super model had gracefully carried the dress, the slip was the high light of the 2006 Lakme Fashion Week.
Image Source [https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0 9/s526x395/10565105_10153050984497119_4216699849806460634_n.jpg]