People! Winter’s finally here and if you haven’t felt the chilly breeze yet, then either you’re not an early riser or you’re a wooly mammoth in disguise (sincerely hoping former’s the case).
Well, here I am to endow you with ten simple tips on how to get through this winter without getting frostbite.
1. A quick and easy way to jazz up any plain t-shirt is with a bright scarf or a muffler. Not only will it keep your neck warm, which is where one tends to feel the coldest, but it’s also a very fashionable way to get through the day. There are two, really easy ways to tie a scarf that can be seen in the pictures below.
2. December is when winter really kicks in, in Delhi. November is chilly no doubt, but it tends to get slightly on the warm side during the day. So with days like these, do you dress warm? Or do you dress for the sun?
Not to worry, I have just the solution for you- You can easily throw on a wrap-around cardigan for when its chilly or just as easily take it off if you start to feel a little too warm. Team up the whole look with a pair of army boots; tie your hair up in a messy bun and BOOM! All ready for a day at college, chilling or just loitering about.
3. I recommend all you girls out there to bag yourself a plain black jacket that can be dawned for both formal and informal occasions. Probably one of the best pieces to have in your closet-when all else fails, all you have to do is shelf out your black jacket.
4. Boots are must have this winter. Step away from the mundane black ones and try out a pair of brown boots, and stand away from the crowd.
5. Woolen caps are an absolutely great way to accessorize your winter wardrobe. There are just so many choices out there to choose, from burets to beanies; beanies with pom-poms, cloche hats and the list can go on and on and on.
5. Winters can leave your skin feeling tattered and reptile-ish. Remember to moisturize your body if you don’t want your lover boy to shy away from holding that otherwise soft hand of yours. Moisturize day in and day out ladies-this is perhaps one of the most important rules to stick by this winter.
6. Yes, we all know that the sun tends to remain hidden during these icy months but that is no reason for you to step out of your house without slathering yourself with sunscreen first.
7. Buy an electric blanket! There is nothing better than cuddling up under a warm, fuzzy blanket with an electric blanket underneath heating you up slowly and gently while you snore away into your dream world.
8. Hot water tends to cause dandruff and leave your hair coarse and brittle. Try and wash your hair in luke-warm water to help your hair survive by the time summer comes around. And oh! Don’t forget to condition those locks as deeply as possible.
9. For those super early morning classes, carry hot tea or coffee (whatever turns you on) in a flask to instantly warm up your system. Plus, it’ll help you stay awake through all your dull lectures.
10. And lastly, indulge yourself in lots and lots of decadent dark chocolate and cups of hot chocolate without feeling any guilt, well because its winter and lets face it, all of us want to feel a little snuggly.
Follow these 10 easy-peasy tips and winter shall feel as warm and fashionable as ever!
Image Courtesy [Shreya Kalra]